I spend a lot of time reading on teh intarwebz–and I’m always looking to expand my horizons. I tend to find a lot of interesting stuff from Twitter and Flipboard, but I tend to get the best results from personal recommendations.
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for new health and fitness blogs to jump-start your routines, you probably want a geeky twist on it. I’ve got ya covered, fitgeek! Never fear!
Totally cool geek and nerd fitness blogs
I love reading blogs ordinary people. The kind where you get to know the writer through personal stories and anecdotes, picking up tips and tricks along the way. When I’m looking for new geek and nerd fitness folks, my first stop is Instagram. People tend to post a lot of short videos and images with good, geeky flavor. It’s a good way to make friends, as are Twitter and Facebook.
But if you want a shortcut where you don’t have to scrounge around social media, these are the main geek and nerd fitness blogs (and podcasts and YouTube channels) I rarely miss:
- SideQuest Fitness – Robbie may be a Sith, but he knows what he’s talking about when it comes to getting in shape.
- Force Within TV – Mike is a true fitgeek. His YouTube channel is all about mindfulness, yoga, and Star Wars. Awesomesauce.
- GeekGirlStrong – Robyn is good people. Part of geek culture is how inclusive it is, and she’s a prime example of how that can be applied to nerd fitness, too!
- Dumbbells and Dragons – Know what’s better than rolling a D20 against a juvenile green dragon? Letting Kenny show you how to roll a natural 20 on your health.
- Nerd Fitness – Steve is the grandpappy of all the geek and gamer health blogs. With the Nerd Fitness Academy and huge community, you can’t go wrong.
- Live Like You Game – Ches has learned some really awesome life lessons from video games, and he applies it to health and wellness. Score!
- Nerdstrong Gym – Not so much a blog, their Instagram account just makes me happy. I love seeing pro fitgeeks doing their thing. You will, too!
Those are my picks for 2017. What are yours?
With so many health and fitness blogs out there, I am not even scratching the surface of the whole industry, but when you narrow it down into geek and nerd fitness, there are probably more of us out there than you think. So let me know about what you’re reading and who I need to make friends with!